As a Java developer at RA Creative, you will be working with many of the UK’s most luxurious brands from the Watch and Jewellery sector.
This position enables you to be involved with the full development workflow, working with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Designers, Developers, and Testers. You will have input into optimising our client’s requirements by applying your technical knowhow and experience.” Senior developers will provide guidance on our code quality process (something that we are sticklers about at RA Creative!), and you can mentor other developers within the team.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING DAY-TO-DAY:
- Working with SAP Cloud Commerce, the leading enterprise eCommerce solution
- Understanding business requirements, providing technical solutions and delivering suitable code
- Communicating with colleagues and stakeholders
- Task progression and time tracking
- Perform code reviews, ensuring code/design quality
- Provide release instructions and production deployment support
- Code/functionality documentation in Confluence
- Executing and writing unit testing
- Working with our process using JIRA & Confluence
- Contributing to development discussions regarding the improvements of processes
- Troubleshoot existing code for improvements or errors
- Work as a team player within our culture to deliver projects within the deadlines
- 2+ years working as a Java engineer
- Java, Springboot, MVC
- Excellent back-end engineering using Java Technology
- Ability to write clean code and optimise existing code
- Understand Java Architecture
- Carry out unit testing
OTHER SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGIES THAT WILL BE USEFUL
- AWS/ Google Cloud/ Microsoft Azure
- Source control systems
While our business has specific targets and goals, our ethos is also firmly focused on our team. A critical focus that stems right from the beginning of the company’s inception is to make RA Creative one of the best places to work!
This ethos has helped hone what RA Creative brings to their team alongside a fun and friendly, hardworking environment with excellent staff retention.
WORKING FROM HOME
We offer full-time remote working, with an obvious few exceptions, company and client meetings.
WORKING full-time in the office
If you prefer to be at a place of work, our Grade A airconditioned Nottingham offices provide a great working environment (not to forget the tea, coffee, and pool table!)
We also offer the option of a mix of working in the office and working at home, simply book a desk at the office.
We operate core hours of 10.00 am – 4.00 pm, you can decide when to start work based around the core hours.
CASUAL DRESS CODE
We offer casual dress within the office, with the exception of any client-facing meetings.
To make life better for all, we use the latest hardware.
Tax-free cycles with the cost spread over 12 – 18 months.
PERKS AT WORK
Discounts off Holidays, TVs, homeware, plus collect wow points with every purchase.
Everyone loves a night out, from table tennis to Crazy golf, all with a bit of food and maybe a drink; our time out of the office is great fun. (non-competitive, of course 😉
Now for the culture! Our incredible team has developed a great professional working environment where everyone’s input is encouraged and valued. The team will selflessly offer any support you need and often discuss this over a game of pool. This culture has enabled RA to maintain a consistent output of high-quality work while keeping a fun, friendly atmosphere.
Working with some of the largest brands in the UK, we genuinely partner with our clients to form long-term stable relationships, providing security for the business and the team.
OVERVIEW OF PROCESS
RA creative uses JIRA for task management and confluence for documentation. These all sit alongside our workflow, from creation, development, Code review, Testing to deployment. Quality is of the utmost to our developers and our clients, and we use specialist software to add an extra layer of review.
Standup calls keep our team aligned and on track, daily tasks, alongside a very active slack channel offering support from your colleagues.
To apply, please send your latest CV with a covering email to [email protected]